View All Posts » Coronavirus Update for Angard Workers
Coronavirus Update for Angard Workers
Posted on: 19th March 2020
The situation regarding the spread of the coronavirus is fast-moving. The safety, health and wellbeing of our employees, members of the public and the communities in which we operate is paramount. Our advice reflects the most up to date information and guidance provided by government and public health authorities.
Some elements of public health guidance may change in the coming weeks. We will keep you informed if anything changes. Please look out for regular email updates and make use of our FAQs.
To whom does this apply? All Angard Staffing Workers
1. Current government guidance on absences related to suspected coronavirus
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
- For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started
- If someone in your household develops symptoms you should self-isolate for 14 days, this applies to the whole household
- You do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
- If you are considered to be vulnerable including being pregnant or having underlying heath conditions you must follow the government guidance with regards social distancing and self-isolation
- For more detailed information, please access the latest government advice here
2. Our Sick Pay Approach
We will continue to follow government guidance with regards to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). Workers who have been absent from work due to Corona virus diagnosis or self-isolation will be entitled to enhanced SSP (paid from day 1 rather than day 3 of absence) in accordance with Government guidelines. The government guidance is subject to change and up to date details can be found here.
3. Recording self-isolation and cases of coronavirus
Should you have to take time off due to coronavirus whether self-isolation due to symptoms, diagnosis or other reasons or you are responsible for looking after a child who has been advised to self-isolate, you must report this to Angard on 0333 240 8502 immediately. All cases are being recorded to ensure we can track and respond to the situation as effectively as possible.
4. Additional Information
- Regular and thorough hand washing is the key defence against the spread of the virus. Please ensure you do this regularly.
- Always wash hands before eating
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Do not share snacks from packets or bowls that others are dipping their fingers into.
- Regularly clean, not just hands, but commonly used surfaces and devices you touch or handle
- Check our Q&A document for the latest updates
- Colleagues can access Royal Mail’s coronavirus information via myroyalmail.com
Please ensure you follow the guidance provided, it is vital that we all do this to support the current situation. For any queries or concerns please contact Angard at 0333 240 8502